Killing Mold With Ultraviolet Technology
The tight homes we started to build in the 1970s may have helped to reduce energy costs, but they also helped to reduce indoor air quality due to excessive moister trapped in homes. Today’s home are no different because they can often retain high humidity levels, causing excess water in hidden spots.
This may not seem like a problem until you consider that these damp conditions contribute to the spread of airborne pollutants throughout the home such as mold and germs. Even though they’re invisible, a greater concentration of these microbes leads to increased illnesses and allergies.
Mold thrives on next to nothing. They land on wet or damp spots—wherever excessive water accumulates. They then digest whatever they can and grow rapidly. A single organism can multiply to trillions in less than a month.
Inside your home’s air conditioning equipment is an ideal place for these toxins to grow and spread—from those damp drain pans to dirty coils. Your ductwork spreads these mold spores throughout your home, negatively impacting your home’s indoor air quality and your family’s health.
The World Health Organization says mold may be the cause of 60% of today’s air quality issues. It can lead to serious, sometimes life-threatening reactions, including allergies, asthma and pneumonia.
Many homeowners with a moisture problem may also notice a musty odor hanging the air of the home. This is the mold thriving in damp dark places.
UV Light Technology Can Help
Ultraviolet (UV) light, the sun’s invisible energy, is an effective air cleaner. It can eliminate outdoor fungi, viruses and bacteria. But how can it help cleanse the mold from the inside of your home?
Harnessing this UV power into an indoor light can purify your home’s air. Hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants and other industries used have used UV light in the “C” band for decades to kill microorganisms. Today Wagner Mechanical uses the same technology inside its UV germicidal lights to quickly destroy harmful mold and bacteria and keep it from spreading throughout your home.
When placed inside your air ducts, the UV Light attacks the organisms being carried throughout your home. Only clean, safe, odor-free air reaches your living space. You can breathe easily knowing you are safe from toxic materials reaching your family.
Contact Wagner Mechanical to discuss how UV Light technology can impact the indoor air quality of your home.
AVAILABLE 24/7 • WE REPAIR ALL MAKES AND MODELS • 100% GUARANTEE • CERTIFIED TECHS • OVER 85 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE