What To Do During Plumbing Repair Emergencies
The plumbing in your home is crucial to your family’s comfort; however, plumbing repair emergencies are often the most common type of issue our homes encounter. Too often, we find ourselves coming home to a flooded kitchen or bathroom and wondering what to do next. Plumbing issues can sneak up on you at any given time, so it is important to know what plumbing repair issues you can tackle on your own and which ones you need to call in the experts to help.
The most common type of plumbing repairs
Whether you own or rent your home, it is safe to assume that you have come across at least one plumbing issue while living there. Sometimes these repairs can be small and handled on your own, but there are larger problems that can occur where you will need to call in the professionals to handle the task. Before you can handle your plumbing repair emergency, you must be aware of the common plumbing issues that can creep up on you in your home, so you are ready to tackle the emergency when it hits.
Minor Repairs - do it yourself
Plumbing repairs are unavoidable, and they often present themselves when you are least expecting it. If you are lucky, you will encounter a smaller issue that you can handle on your own without having to call in a plumbing professional to help you. If you find yourself faced with any of the repairs listed below, you most likely will be able to tackle the job by yourself.
- Clogged drain
- Clogged toilet
- Low water pressure
- Dripping faucets
Major repairs - call the expert
Unfortunately, not all plumbing repairs are going to be small. When you are faced with a massive leak or break, we suggest that you bring in the big guns to help you and to avoid further damage to your home.
- Broken water heater
- Busted pipes
What to do if you are faced with a plumbing repair emergency
It is not a matter of if you have a plumbing issue but rather a matter of when you will have a plumbing issue. When you walk into that flooded room or lack of water, you may not know what steps to take next. That is why we are here to share our crucial steps to follow when you are faced with a plumbing emergency.
- Shut off water: This is a no-brainer. The very first thing you should do is turn off the water supply to your home to prevent any further damage. If you don’t, you could continue to see more water damage to your home. You can usually find the main water supply to your home near your water meter.
- Assess the problem: Once you know that there is no more chance of water leaking, take a look at the damage and try to see what caused the problem. This will help later on when you call a plumber to come out and fix your work.
- Call your water company: Not every massive plumbing issue is the homeowner’s fault. If the issue stems from the sewer main, a blocked sewer line, or the main water line, try giving your water company a call to see if they could send someone out to fix the issue.
- Call an expert: Know when it is time to call in backup. Not every plumbing issue can be fixed by the homeowner, and that is okay. Call a reputable plumbing company to come out to your home, inspect and repair the problem,
Plumbing repair experts
When you are faced with any plumbing issue in your home, you want to hire a team you can trust and a team that can get the job done right the first time. When hiring a plumbing repair contractor, it is important to keep these three things in mind.
- Certified technicians: You want to hire a team that is trained in their field especially when it comes to the safety and comfort of your family and home. Do not find yourself hiring Joe Shmoe, interview your potential company to ensure they only employ certified technicians.
- 24/7 service: When you encounter a plumbing issue, you want someone who can come out to your home as soon as possible. That is why you should research companies that offer emergency service and are able to come out to your home to repair any issues. At Wagner Mechanical, we are available to take your calls 24/7 and will get one of our technicians out to your home as soon as possible.
- Guaranteed work: You hope that all repairs are done correctly and that no further issues occur; however, if something were to happen after your plumbing contractor left you will want to know that you hired a company that has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We have been providing the Albuquerque area exceptional plumbing services since 1928 and only employ certified and trained technicians. Not only is all of our work guaranteed but we promise to do the best possible job every time, if we do make a mistake we promise to do everything possible to make it right! Schedule your plumbing repair today and take advantage of our current repair special today!