Since 1928, Wagner Mechanical has been serving Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Licensed – Bonded – Insured
What does a swamp cooler shutdown include?
As a part of our swamp cooler shutdown process, the HVAC technicians at Wagner Mechanical will:
- Dry out and disconnect the water line.
- Dry out the water from the lines and swamp cooler.
- Clean the system and seal and air or water leaks.
- Cover the system with a breathable, yet protective, cover.
- Seal the swamp cooler’s vent that leads into the house.
Why should I have a professional do my swamp cooler shutdown?
As we mentioned above, any water left in your swamp cooler can destroy the system over the course of a winter and cause other problems. Cleaning out a swamp cooler can be extremely difficult for someone without training or equipment—a problem that’s even more amplified if you’re trying to shutdown a roof unit.