Signs you might need furnace repair service
Your home's furnace has been hard at work keeping your family warm this winter. As we head into spring, nights in northern New Mexico are still cold. If you've noticed that your system has been slowing down—or has quit functioning altogther—you may need to invest in furnace repair services. In this post, we'll review the warning signs that your furnace might be struggling to keep up with demand.
Three indicators that your furnace has issues
- Your furnace is making strange noises or sounds: As they enter old age, the parts within heating systems start to deteriorate under the strain of heavy use. If you hear popping, groaning, or squealing when your furnace starts up (or while it's operational at all), it might be a sign that your system is getting ready to draw its dying breath.
- Temperature fluctuations between rooms: By default, a furnace in its prime should heat all the rooms in your home evenly, providing you and your family with consistent comfort whether you're in the bedroom or in the kitchen. However, an aging furnace or one on the verge of a breakdown will do the exact opposite. You may find that one room is too hot, another is temperate, and another is very cold. Some of this may have something to do with other factors such as insulation and the number of windows in that room, but if you're finding major fluctuations between similar spaces, it's time to get the furnace checked.
- Rising heating bills: Whether you have a gas system or an electric setup, you probably by now know roughly how much your home costs to heat every month. So, if you get a bill that shocks you with a significant increase in cost, consider having your furnace inspected. Aging and malfunctioning furnaces often have to work harder to produce the same amount of heat that they once did. If you and your family haven't significantly increased the amount of heat you're using, it could also be a sign of an air leak.
How can you address these issues?
If it's been a while since you last had a certified technician take a look over your heating system, it may be past time. After all, a furnace that isn't working its best is not just a drain on energy efficiency and your energy bills, but could be a harbinger of other problems.Give Wagner Mechanical a call. Here are some reasons to choose New Mexico's longest-running HVAC company:
- We offer 24/7 emergency service: If your heating system goes down, don't panic. Give Wagner a call, and we'll send out a certified technician to get your system back up and running again in no time.
- We offer financing: We understand that your furnace doesn't conform to your schedule or to your budget and that planning for a heating or cooling system breakdown isn't something you may have prepared for. That's why, for qualified customers, we offer special financing offers.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee: Wagner's certified technicians are going to do the job right the first time. However, should something not be right with your system after we've looked at it, we're going to make it right. We're not done until the job is and you're happy.
If you're ready to go with the company that has provided quality heating and cooling service to Albuquerque and Santa Fe since 1928, schedule service with us online, or give us a call at (505) 395-2714.