Why you should leave the plumbing repairs to the professionals
After a long Saturday of chores and yard work, you need to shower. When you turn the shower on, the showerhead is leaking water and not providing enough water pressure. You don’t want to jump into bed smelling bad. You have two options:
- Grab your toolbox and fix the problem yourself, or;
- Call a professional plumbing team to fix it for you.
Option 2 seems like too much time and money wasted, so you find the rusty toolbox in the garage and pull up a DIY YouTube video. Three hours later, your showerhead is broken, the leaking won’t stop, and you still haven’t had your shower. If you had called a professional in the first place, you would’ve been clean and fresh by now!Don’t be that one DIY homeowner who naively believes they can solve any home issue. There are times when you should rely on a certified, experienced team of professionals, especially when plumbing is involved. In this article, we’ll review the plumbing projects you can take on yourself versus those you should call Wagner for help with.
Common DIY solutions
You may be pretty handy with a hammer or drill. Or, you may know someone in the neighborhood who can handle plumbing issues. But is a DIY approach really the best solution? We recommend going straight to the professionals to avoid extra headache and lost time. Here are just a few DIY plumbing solutions that often end up losing you money:
- Snaking your own drain: Many homeowners believe a wire hanger or a DIY home-snaking tool will solve your drainage problem. However, you should not put any foreign object down your drain without consulting a professional. Avoid pouring drain cleaner down your drain as well—many over-the-counter chemicals will do more harm than good to your pipes.
- Unclogging your toilet: You may think the average, everyday clogged toilet is a breeze to fix. But what if the problem is something bigger? Before grabbing the plunger and risking a toilet overflow, call a professional. If you’ve already tried to unclog your toilet and nothing seems to be working, take a step back and give the team at Wagner a call.
- Tightening or loosening pipes: If something has fallen down a drain and you want to loosen a pipe underneath the sink, think again. Just because you own a wrench or pliers does not mean you should use them on your plumbing. Many times, DIY plumbing solutions turn into a larger problem, costing you more money down the road.
- Replacing faucets, showerheads, or handles: The best way to replace an old showerhead or faucet is to call a professional plumber, who can install it in no time. Too often, homeowners overlook crucial steps, forget to install an important part and get stuck, or install a new handle just plain wrong. Why spend twice or three times as long making the upgrade when a professional can get it done quickly and with no-hassle?
What a professional plumber can offer
Not only does a professional plumber have years of experience, but they are certified, trained, and friendly. The old stereotype surrounding plumbers is that they are rude, overbearing men or women, who storm into your home and make a big mess before overcharging you.The TRUTH is this: Wagner plumbers are friendly, courteous, and true professionals who are able to solve any plumbing issue you may face. They carefully explain the situation to you and offer helpful tips and solutions. Our upfront pricing and guarantees ensures you’ll be left smiling after every job.With a DIY approach, you’re left flying by the seat of your pants or relying on a YouTube 4-minute clip to give you careful instructions about the intricate plumbing systems of your home. Next time you reach for your own tools, remember this: A DIY approach is not always easier or cheaper than calling a plumber.
Regular maintenance makes all the difference
Even if your pipes aren’t broken and your showerhead isn’t leaking, you should still receive regular maintenance from a certified plumbing team. This maintenance can make all the difference between future breakdowns and a properly working home. Waiting for your plumbing to break down is like waiting for your car to break down on the side of the road before changing the oil and refilling the gas. Why wait for a problem to hit when you can be scheduling annual maintenance? The peace of mind you’ll receive is worth every affordable penny.
For excellent service, choose Wagner
Wagner offers plumbing services to the Albuquerque metro area and beyond. We know how it feels as a homeowner to face down a leaky faucet, clogged drain, or faulty water heater. Your plumbing problem will be treated as our number one priority. Give us a call today to schedule an inspection or repair. You’ll be glad you did!